“DES JEFFERS MEN’S TOURNAMENT” (2017/18)
(Woodchurch Sports Centre – Sunday 22nd October.2017)
PLEASE ARRIVE BY 10.45 TO HELP PUT UP NETS AND FOR PROMPT START
ENTRANTS: (Entry £30 per team)
JOHN MOORES UNIVERSITY “A”
JOHN MOORES UNIVERSITY “B”
TIMES: 2 courts from 11.00 a.m. until 4.00 p.m.
REFEREEING: TEAMS WILL BE REFEREEING WHEN NOT PLAYING. SO COULD YOU PLAN IN ADVANCE WHICH 3 PLAYERS ARE GOING TO BE 1ST & 2ND OFFICIALS & SCORER IN THOSE MATCHES. NEXT MATCH WILL START AS SOON AS THE PREVIOUS ONE FINISHES.
When listed as officials, teams must arrive on time & provide 2 referees & 1 scorer.
TOURNAMENT PLAYED AS A STRAIGHT POOL / LEAGUE: No play off or final.
– Two set matches within 35 minutes (including Warm Up):
– The clock does not stop & the next match starts immediately after the end of the previous match.
– Do “non-ball warm ups” when you can & keep all hand-shakes (etc.) until the end of the tournament.
– One Time-Out per Set per Team
– Length of Sets to be decided at start of tournament.
– No Toss Up – First named team serves from the entrance end.
– Point in play at the final time-bell is played out & counts.
– Each team to provide own match ball.
2 points for set won, even if the second finishes as (e.g.) 7-5.
1 point for tied set, or for the second set if not played.
TIE AT END OF POOL: Decided in the order:
If 2 teams – result of the match between the 2 teams.
If more than 2 teams – total points difference overall.
LAST 5 MINUTES:
A bell will denote that there are 5 minutes left in the match.
After this bell, no substitutions or time-outs are allowed.
Any time-out in progress at the 5 minute bell will finish immediately.
A second bell will denote the end of the match.
The Pool Scoresheet, board, pen & whistle to be left on the court score table.
Winning coaches & captains are responsible for checking that the Scoresheet is filled in correctly at the end of each match.
The Chair of the MVL will act as Tournament Referee, & he will adjudicate on all disputes. No appeal because of time constraints.